|Appearance||White to off-white powder|
|Specific Rotation[α]20/D||+31.5°~ +32.5°|
|Residue on ignition||≤0.1%|
|Heavy metal (Pb)||≤10ppm|
|Loss on drying||≤0.1%|
Appearance: White to off-white powder
Product Quality meets: AJI92, EP8, USP38 standards.
Stock status: Usually keep 10,000KGs in stock.
Application: it is widely used in food additives, pharmaceutical intermediate, and cell culture field.
Package: 25kg / barrel/ Bag
MDL No.: mfcd00002634
RTECS No.: lz9700000
BRN No.: 1723801
PubChem No.: 24901609
Editing of physical property data
1. character: L-glutamate, the L-glutamic acid, is a white or colorless squamous crystal, which is slightly acidic. The racemic body, DL glutamate, is colorless crystal.
2. density (g/ml, 25/4 ℃): racemization: 1.4601; right rotation and left rotation: 1.538
3. relative steam density (g/ml, air =1): not determined
4. melting point (OC): 160
5. boiling point (OC, atmospheric pressure): not determined
6. boiling point (OC, 5.2kpa): not determined
7. refractive index: not determined
8. flash point (OC): not determined
9. specific rotation photometric (o): [α] d22.4+31.4 ° (C = 1.6mol/l hydrochloric acid)
10. ignition point or ignition temperature (OC): not determined
11. steam pressure (kPa, 25 ° C): not determined
12. saturated steam pressure (kPa, 60 ° C): not determined
13. combustion heat (kj/mol): not determined
14. critical temperature (OC): not determined
15. critical pressure (kPa): not determined
16. the value of the coefficient of distribution of oil and water (octanol / water): not determined
17. upper explosion limit (%, v/v): not determined
18. lower explosion limit (%, v/v): not determined
19. solubility: the racemic is slightly soluble in cold water, easy to dissolve in hot water, almost insoluble in ether, ethanol and acetone, while the racemic body is slightly soluble in ethanol, ether and petroleum ether.
1. Acute toxicity: human oral tdlo: 71mg / kg; human intravenous tdlo: 117mg / kg; rat oral LD50 > 30000 mg / kg; rabbit oral LD50: > 2300mg / kg
2.Mutagenicity: sister chromatid exchange test system: human lymphocytes: 10mg / L
Water hazard level 1 (German regulation) (self assessment through list) this substance is slightly hazardous to water.
Do not allow undiluted or large quantities of product to come into contact with groundwater, waterways or sewage systems.
Do not discharge materials into the surrounding environment without government permission.
Molecular structure data
1. Molar refractive index: 31.83
2. Molar volume (cm3 / mol): 104.3
3. Isotonic specific volume (90.2k): 301.0
4. Surface tension (dyne / cm): 69.2
5. Polarizability (10-24cm3): 12.62
Properties and stability
1. This product is non-toxic.
2. Odorless, slightly special taste and sour taste.
3.It exists in tobacco and smoke.
1. This product should be sealed and stored in a cool and dark place.
2. Packed in plastic bags, covered with nylon bags or plastic woven bags, net weight 25kg. In the process of storage and transportation, attention should be paid to moisture-proof, sun protection and low temperature storage.
1. L-glutamic acid is mainly used in the production of monosodium glutamate, perfume, salt substitute, nutritional supplement and biochemical reagent. L-glutamic acid itself can be used as a drug to participate in the metabolism of protein and sugar in the brain and promote the oxidation process. The product combines with ammonia to synthesize non-toxic glutamine in the body to reduce blood ammonia and alleviate the symptoms of hepatic coma. It is mainly used in the treatment of hepatic coma and severe hepatic insufficiency, but the curative effect is not very satisfactory; combined with antiepileptic drugs, it can also treat small seizures and psychomotor seizures. Racemic glutamic acid is used in the production of drugs and biochemical reagents.
2. It is usually not used alone, but combined with phenolic and quinone antioxidants to obtain good synergistic effect.
3. Glutamic acid is used as complexing agent for electroless plating.
4. It is used in pharmacy, food additive and nutrition fortifier;
5. Used in biochemical research, medically used in liver coma, preventing epilepsy, reducing ketonuria and ketinemia;
6. Salt replacer, nutritional supplement and flavoring agent (mainly used for meat, soup and poultry). It can also be used to prevent crystallization of magnesium ammonium phosphate in canned shrimps, crabs and other aquatic products with the dosage of 0.3% ～ 1.6%. It can be used as perfume according to GB 2760-96;
Sodium glutamate, one of its sodium salts, is used as seasoning, and its commodities include monosodium glutamate and monosodium glutamate.
Take 150mg sample, add 4ml water and LML sodium hydroxide test solution (ts-224), dissolve, add LML ninhydrin test solution (TS-250) and 100mg sodium acetate, and heat in boiling water bath for 10min to produce violet color.
Take 1g sample, add 9ml water to prepare suspension, slowly warm it in steam bath and stir until it is completely dissolved, add 6.8ml lmol/l hydrochloric acid solution to re suspend, and add 6.8ml lmol/l sodium hydroxide solution to dissolve glutamate completely after stirring.
Method 1: weigh 0.2g sample accurately, dissolve in 3ml formic acid, add 50ml glacial acetic acid and 2 drops of crystal violet test solution (ts-74), titrate with 0.1mol/l perchloric acid solution until the green or blue color disappears. The same method was used for blank test. Each ml of 0.1mol/l perchloric acid solution is equivalent to 14.71mg of L-glutamic acid (C5H9NO4).
Method 2: weigh 500mg sample accurately, dissolve it in 250mi water, add several drops of bromothymol blue test solution (ts-56), and titrate with 0.1mol/l sodium hydroxide solution to the blue end point. Each ml of 0.lmol/l NaOH solution is equivalent to 14.7mg of L-glutamic acid (c5h9n04).
FAO / who (1984): broth and soups for convenience food, 10g / kg.
FEMA (mg / kg): beverage, baked goods, meat, sausage, broth, milk and dairy products, seasoning, cereal products, all 400mg / kg.
FDA, 172.320 (2000): as a nutritional supplement, the limit is 12.4% (based on the weight of total protein in food).
Dangerous goods mark: F flammable
Safety sign: s24/25
Hazard identification: r36/37/38 
Hazardous material sign Xi
Hazard category code 36/37/38
Safety instructions 24/25-36-26
Wgk Germany 2rtec lz9700000
Customs code 29224200
Purity: >99.0% (T)
MDL No.: mfcd00002634